Due to the Coronavirus COVID-19 crisis, all of my tours are currently suspended until further notice. I look forward to resuming my tours and hosting guests on my safaries when the restrictions are lifted and it is safe to do so. Please feel free to email me with any questions or check back for updates.
My best to you and yours… stay safe and stay healthy!
Coming on Safari?
Hello, my name is Oihana and I want to propose you a trip, an experience, an atypical safari, where my only objective is that you come back home knowing a little bit more about Bilbao and the Basque Country and discover our culture which is rich in flavours as it is in values.
Get Out from Bilbao Safaris
Professional Photography Services
Do you have a business or a store?
Do you need photographs to surprise your customers?
Or want to enrich your social networks?
Kaixo! ¡Hola! Hello!
I´m Oihana, a Basque – English girl who after travelling around the world wants to help you to discover my home.
WHY CHOOSE BILBAO FOOD SAFARI?
- As I am not a typical tour guide, I don´t herd tourists, I accompany travelers. You will learn about my culture, my city, and my people, eat what we eat, use the subway or any public transport, visit local markets, avoid tourist traps and become a better traveler while taking a walk and / or a culinary tour with me.
- Small groups, a maximum of six people. I don’t use an umbrella to make you follow me around the city, that´s just embarrassing.
- Flexibility, all safaris can be adapted to you and your needs.
- I promote sustainable, responsible tourism, helping with the economic growth and cultural Exchange.
- Everything is included food, drinks, and transportation. NO hidden costs, no extra payments (unless you want to order Champagne!).
This charming shop, located in one of the busiest streets of the Casco Viejo in Bilbao, opened its doors in 2014. Judith is in charge of this small business, a Mexican woman living in Bilbao who came to finish her degree in gastronomy and restoration to the best place...
The “pintxo” is a specialty of Basque cuisine, where an appetizer is usually enjoyed with a glass of white wine called “txakoli,” red wine “txikito,” or a small glass of beer called “zurito.” In contrast with the “tapa,” often included with a drink in some bars in the...
Bilbao has made a great effort to reinvent itself after the crisis of the 80s and the great flood of 83 that affected the heart of Bilbao. Today, thanks to the creation of new buildings and the remodeling of others, Bilbao looks totally cosmopolitan and ahead of its...